Thursday, July 26, 2012

Before & After

I worked on this one for a long time last night....actually I started on it the other night and finished it up last night.

These flowers were sitting so lovely on my kitchen window sill and late in the evening right before the sun goes down I usually get some great shots without window glare. I took some with and without the flash...the ones without flash usually gives me an automatic black (dark) background. I don't know that it makes a difference but my kitchen faces the east.
BEFORE
(right out of the camera)

The below image is where I cleaned up the background and adjusted the saturation to remove the greens and yellows.

I adjusted my Hue/Saturation and added box blur...removed some of the box blur from the main flower for the focal point. I added French Kiss Color Wash Eglantine Texture as Soft Light @ 100%...adjusted the color and painted the texture  off of the flowers. I then added the Vintage message and adjusted the Hue/Saturation, removed the message from areas I did not want it.....
Finished!


I think I need to take detailed notes next time to make it easier....I get so involved in working on my projects I forget to write everything down.

Linda Segerson Photography at Zenfolio

Giveaway July 28th.....a 16 x 20 original print.....go to my portfolio to see what image I am giving away...leave me a comment under your favorite image and you will automatically be in the drawing.....but hurry only 2 more days left!
 
God Bless
&
 "Capture the Moment"

~Linda~


6 comments:

  1. it is really pretty. i like the brightness of the edited one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa.....the light coming through the window brightens them to a soft pink.

      Delete
  2. Looks great Linda. One of these days I will sit down and try to learn some editing skills. Looks like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun, but look out it is addictive!

      Delete
  3. I really like it! I myself have just started experimenting with textures. I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, sometimes it works out and sometimes not. I search for tutorials by different people....you get lots of ideas this way. Good luck and have fun!

      Delete